- Member of AIIC (International Association of Conference Interpreters) since 1986.
- President since September 1993 (re-appointed for another 2-year term in Nov. 2009) of ATA (American Translators Association) Interpretation Committee (renamed Interpretation Policy Advisory Committee in 1999).
- Member of ATISA (American Translation and Interpreting Studies Association) since 2004.
- Chairman of the Board of CDLC (Coalition of Distinguished Language Centers) since 2004.
- Federal Court Interpreter for French (one of five in California), which puts Christian Degueldre on the National Interpreter Database for Federal Courts and on the roster of qualified interpreters for the Administrative Office of the US Courts.
Distinguished speakers for whom Christian Degueldre have interpreted
Presidents Obama, Putin, Clinton, Mitterand, Bongo, Obasanjo, Kirchner, Giscard d’Estaing, George Bush Sr., Nelson Mandela, Abajo, Gorbachev, Herrera-Campins, Rafael Caldera, Calderon, Vice-President Quayle, Prime Ministers Thatcher, Mulroney, Kaifu, A. Mock, Chancellors Schmidt, Merkel, Prince Albert of Monaco, Prince de Merode, International Olympic Committee President Juan Antonio Samaranch.
Monday 17 October 2-4PM
Topic: Language proficiency and translation"